Saturday 8 March 2014

Soggibottom Teddy Bear Hospital - Devon


As one bear travels to her new home.


Another comes over our little bridge.


If your squeamish, look away NOW.


This little bear has been in a dog fight. Looking at her I can see there is no way am I going to be able to put back what must now reside in the dogs stomach.


Emailing her owner today, it was hard to find words to say, that as soon as I touched the little bear I found bits came away in my hand.
Because of the bear's distress she was delicately handled before she came to Soggibottom anyway.
If I am to put this little bear together again, I need to explore and take things apart.

One side of her is better than the other, her head caused me a problem.
Which makes me think she has been lovingly stored away, but with her head showing and possibly her left side being covered.  Her right not covered at all.

Little bear is in safe hands. Doing the normal RIGHT things to a distressed bear, well, there is no such thing as normal. 


She lost her head.


Limbs, she only lost two this week. The idea being not to change the bear, but to repair what can be repaired.


Cotter pin joints. They were put back only three new pins needed. As much of the original bear needs to be saved.


Her head fell to bits as I tried to sew, no way could I put safety eye's in her. I tried, failed. 


The problem being that this little bear is made of sheepskin. The actual skin is paper thin and at a touch falls to bits.


This repair, is so NOT EASY !
I won't say what part of the little bear this is. I hope her owner will forgive me.


She will however look better when she can see.. head back on, and in one piece only an ear missing now.


Here she is at the moment :-) LOADS to do..... but, coming along.
She will look better at the next update. She will have eye's.
Little bear will be fine. GLORIOUS SUNNY DAY, little bear needed time on her own to recover anyway. 

The sand digger and headless wonder can be found over at CAT FLAP CAVALIER as usual. Have a good weekend guys.

16 comments:

Joanna said...

You are a miracle worker with that bear. Amazing. And very interesting, too.

WoolenSails said...

I do not envy you the task of bringing Teddy back to life;) I can't wait to see how he comes out.

Debbie

Mary Ann Tate said...

Poor wee bear:( It looks like you might be able to fix him/her but what a job. You can do it:)

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

I should have looked away....smile. You did a wonderful job.

Caroline B said...

Arrgghh, the horror!! Disembowelled bear guts,stuffing everywhere, face in pieces, I may never recover from the sight....
I don't know how you do it, I wouldn't know where to start - can't wait to see him after his stay in hospital.

Sue said...

So glad the little bear was in good hands. Really looking forward to seeing it completely finished.

Lynda (Granny K) said...

It must be so difficult to repair a sheepskin bear. You are doing a fantastic job Midge! xx

Molly the Airedale said...

She's coming along beautifully! You are truly a miracle worker!

Love ya lots♥
Mitch and Molly

Unknown said...

Mum you are a pawsome surgeon and Little Bear looks way better. We look forward to more. Have a serene Sunday and get in some big easy today.
Best wishes Molly

Polly said...

I do not envy you your task as I know from experience how difficult it can be to restore a sheepskin bear. He is looking good. Look forward to seeing him finished.

Hailey and Zaphod and their Lady said...

The bears that come to your mom are lucky.

Victoria said...

That looks like a daunting task! So clever of you to be able to fix the poor little teddy!

Tweedles -- that's me said...

You know every thing there is to know about the little bear,, because you are the "bear whisperer".
Little bear is in the best of hands in the whole world,,, and I know you will do what you can to make the little bears heart beat again.,, and be able to see the smile on your face when it opens its new eyes!
love
tweedles

haopee said...

It's good that the little bear is in your capable hands. Her owner will be very happy to see that she's made positive recovery.

Karen~The Barely There Primitive Bear said...

You are a miracle worker, my friend! I am so proud to own a bear, made from your loving hands!

Bear Hugs~Karen

artbylmr said...

What a wonderful job you have done to what was quite a disaster! I love the 'look away now' warning :)