Thursday 19 April 2012

Moles on the beach at Slapton Ley in Devon


I hope this looks nothing like a mole on a beach. The mole will be relevant later in the post.  I thought it about time we had some colour on here. This is only one square intended for a new quilt. Four down and 16 to go. It might be ready at Christmas, not sure exactly what year though.


At the moment the quilt square colours mirror the colours in our garden.


We haven't been in our garden all week, we've been out and about on the beach.


Some of the roads here are not meant for double decker buses.


If we had been right behind the bus and not a few cars away, I would have missed another sign to show you.


It seems we are on a mission to find strange place names. I'm not sure who's window I was looking in, just like to apologise now if anyone saw me and thought I was trying to be nosey.


This is where we were heading for, Slapton Ley. The sea and the beach one side. the Ley on the other. The Ley is a nature reserve for wild birds. Dogs are welcome as long as they are kept on a lead.


 There is only so close you can ever get to a Heron.


Especially when Freya seemed more interested in giving the real close up, nose to nose greeting.


Freya might have had to go on her lead here, but on the beach she was free to run and dig where she wanted.


A whole mile of running and digging.


Like a Mole on the beach. We're thinking of attaching a metal detector to her collar... AS IF , but for all the digging she does, all she ever brings back are stones.


For anyone that has used Picnic to add text or enhance their photo's, how sad it's now closing down it's site. Ah, big AH, I am a picnic addict. Nearly all the photo's on Soggibottom or Freya's Catflap Cavalier use Picnic. But fear not, there is another. For all the picnic lovers out there try Befunky.
You can enhance and add text to your photo's.


This is a photo taken today along the beach, Start point in the distance.
Same photo, but with a bit of Befunky enhancement.




The tulip at the top of the post.

The same photo, with a bit of Befunky enhancement again.


I never attempted to enhance this photo, but it gave us the "thought of the day" as we followed it home through the narrow lanes.


When you have no chance of overtaking a large load of manure, stacked high on a trailer being pulled by a tractor, stay well back........... because when it's dry it goes everywhere..... best to keep all the car window's closed too.


Freya can be found over at the  Catflap Cavalier  as usual.

14 comments:

Christine said...

Befunky is great but I love your photographic skills anyway! The pebbles on the beach is wonderful!
Best wishes
Christine

Anonymous said...

This is a real fun posting. Be positive, the quilt WILL be finished by Christmas ;-)

Old Kitty said...

What a beautiful project - a quilt by Christmas! Lovely!!

Hoorah for Cobbler's Well on your way to Slapton Ley!! What great names!

Love the pic of the heron - I think they are stunning birds - like hunched thin old men with long noses! Yay!

Awww Freya, wonderful amazing sweet Freya - a whole beach for you to dig up - what fun!!!

Take care
x

WoolenSails said...

I have used photo bucket for years and never had a problem with them. They have a lot more things you can play with now, to fix up your photos. I use photoshop for myself, but sometimes I use photo bucket for sale photos.

We went to the beach too, beautiful day out and I got to see the seals.

Debbie

Faye Henry said...

Oh, I love your quilt and all the lovely photos..
Your sweet dog had a lot of fun.. smile..
Blessings..

Joanna said...

Thanks for the Befunky info. I'll try it. I love the quilt square. Looks like batik? Very pretty.

Tweedles -- that's me said...

You are such a busy bee- how do you do all this? The quilt is beautiful..
i barely have energy to leave comments,, and none for making a post.
We don't know about all that camera stuff....
love
tweedles

Caroline B said...

Looks like you have managed to dodge the rain - fabulous beach to dig in!
Quilt looks amazing - I'm sure you'll have it done in no time flat....

Houseelf said...

Looks like a fun day out apart from the journey. Once behind a bus and one behind a manure load. ROFL- it could only happen to you Midge.

Sandee said...

Yay, a quilt in progress! The colors are so bright and cheerful.
What size is the block when it is all together?

Mary Ann Tate said...

Befunky you say...well I must check this out as I have never enhanced my photos but it looks like fun.

Lovely photos of the beach. I always fancied a metal detector...as a hobby...to find buried treasure and the like:)

Allie said...

Oh my goodness Midge that quilt is just gorgeous - LOVE the colors - you are amazing!!! I loved seeing your travel pics, enhanced and otherwise - love the Cobbler's Well!

Lynda (Granny K) said...

Thanks for the link to the photo site. Looks like fun!

Cathy at PotterJotter said...

Oh wow - thanks for the tip cos I was another one that tried to do Picnic when it told me to go away as it was closing! I will have great fun with Befunky! XCathy