Saturday 10 July 2010

Wendy's Teddy Bear


This is the restaurant that we use for coffee mornings with our friends.
It's 100 years older than Soggibottom. Every coffee morning we go to, it always leaves me feeling that I have walked into a time warp. I don't live in a time warp, I live at Soggibottom Cottage. Beautiful old thatch that Tudor Cottage is.


When I go there I always end up wondering what next !
This is Wendy.
This is Wendy's bear.


Poor little soul had to be wrapped in a bag (I never use plastic bags.... note ! )


I relented in the car and let his head out.
He sat in Amie's place on the back seat (chauffeur driven), while I kept glancing behind me to wonder how on earth I was going to repair him.
Good job I wasn't driving eh !
The photo's don't show how loved by Wendy he has been.


He is in... um.... poor condition.... for all those that follow Soggibottom blog.. yes, he is the same kind of bear that I renovated last time... I should put a link here, but for now I'll keep you wondering... lets say that he now has paws....
To one of my blogger friends who has just acquired a Perkins look a like.... well done. Mrs Lynda.
Wendy's bear is on his way to having a bath tomorrow.... I had to repair him first.
Have a great weekend..
Before I forget, as if I could..
Happy Birthday Mark........................................ love you lots X X X

15 comments:

Lisa said...

I hope he makes it ;)
Have a great time fixing him up!
Hugs, Lisa

Sandee said...

Wendy and bear are most fortunate to have you in their lives.

Allie said...

That bear is going to be eternally grateful that he has you, Midge! Happy Birthday to Mark!

Beyond the Dog Dish said...

Ah he reminds me of my Grandfathers bear we have. Very old and furless now. Would love to see how her looks after he is repaired.
<3 Miss Kodee @Bark'n About

Lynda (Granny K) said...

What a noble bear!
Looks like he found you just in the nick of time. Your mission, should you choose to accept it.... etc. I'm sure you'll do a great job, hope you'll post pics! x

ittybittyandpretty said...

cant wait to see the transformation!

Rouky said...

I want to see the transformation too! You have magic hands!

WendyCarole said...

poor bear can't wait to see what magic you work

Myra said...

What an awesome looking restaurant! I would love to visit there for a cuppa!! 8-)
The dear bear has indeed been well loved... I too will look forward to see what magic you make with him/her... 8-)

Micki said...

The bear has been greatly loved. It reminds me of the story The Velveteen Rabbit.
Micki

Shelley said...

I can't wait to see you work your magic on Wendy's sweet bear!

purplecat said...

He is truly in the best hands! looking forward to the transformation ):

Anonymous said...

Awww what''s the poor fellow's name?

Have lots of fun giving him a new lease of life.

WoolenSails said...

I know you will be able to save poor teddy and he will be as beautiful and wonderful as he once was.

Debbie

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Coming to your site is always magical ,,,, that is what I think.
Because of the bear hospital.
Because of those who go to the bear hospital to get well.
I can tell you love the little bears so much,,, and now the story goes he had a bath and now he has a paw.
I cannot wait to see.
There is something very special about your heart!
And I loves the castle where you have your morning coffeee.
I think I saw Peter Rabbit looking in the windows,
love
tweedles