Monday 2 November 2009

Free 1925 Soggibottom Teddy Bear Pattern


She gets in every where.....in this case into a Museum in Cornwall, we might not have been on the web for a few weeks, but as usual Amie has been out and about and we have lots of photo's of the South West ready to show you in future posts. Thanks for all your emails and comments. Great to be missed by Amie Soto Blossom Fans.

Now I suppose I should keep my promise. ~One Soggibottom Teddy Bear Pattern.



Here is Perkins, the rescue bear on your left. On the right is the bear I made slightly altering a 1925 bear pattern. The pattern below.

He has a barrel shaped body and large humped back. I haven't really "messed around" with him. Sometimes it takes me days to get the right expression or look that I am after.
Not this little guy I wanted to make him as straight forward as I could.
He does have glass eyes and I have stuffed him with a mixture of wood wool and polyester stuffing. He is jointed useing cotter pins and disks, he also has a growler. His feet and paws made from brown velvet material. On the whole trying to use materials that he would have been made from in 1925.


Before you start a couple of things with reference to the pattern. I'm not great at dots but they are just a rough seam outline for you to use. The arrows go the same way as your material pile, what ever you want to use. You don't have to use mohair.... if you use material, it's wise to back it first with an iron on backing that will strengthen your bear.
REV.....you need to reverse the part of the pattern you are using. E.g. inner arm cut x 2. One of which is reversed. I'm being to cautious...I'm sure you all know exactly what your doing.


But as always, if you want some help, email me and I will help.....



One more thing, if you don't want to make a bear with such a pronounced back hump. You have an alternative below with page No. 4


If I have made any mistakes, oops!!!!!!

I KNOW the beady eyed out there will let me know... have fun and you have time to make loads of bears before Christmas Day. I would love to see them.

9 comments:

WendyCarole said...

Thanks for the pattern I might give it ago

purplecat said...

I wish I knew where to start! I would love to be able to make one :)

Unknown said...

Thanks for the pattern!

Anonymous said...

Awesome. I'll definitely try it. Thank you! Er... why such a name? :)

Leica World said...

Thank you very much for the interesting and valuable information for me. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Best wishes.

Anonymous said...

obrigada por tudo o blog tá lindo,beijos

Fretta's Lovable Dolls said...

thanks for sharing this beautiful pattern :)

Quilt it and Dotty www.quilt-it.nl said...

I made a bear from your pattern! Thank you so much for the wonderfull pattern! Come and see how he turned out:

http://dorryvanbeers.blogspot.com/2012/04/soms-denken-jullie-vast.html

personalised teddy bear said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.