Wednesday 9 September 2009

September at Soggibottom


Well, looks like this is it. The great British Summer has come back, except now it's Autumn. While London and the South East have had great weather this week down here in Devon or at least over the bridge Soggibottom side the sky has been overcast, grey and at times it's rained.

What else could we do today except take Amie for a walk. We took so many pictures in 2 hours I can't put them all on here. So many that it might take me a week of blogging, just so you can see the best one's from our walk at Haldon Hill. For now make do with the one we took while we sat and had tea in the back garden.


I thought you might like an update into the wool that was in the trug being washed. Here it is. IT KNITS UP......to my amazement. I have done something right!

I very cheekily went and asked my neighbour who is a fantastic felter and artist what I should do with the wool tops. I had an idea but the outlines of my idea's sometimes come to grief.
I came back over the bridge with a pair of carding combs (I think that is what they are called) and the right soap flakes to wash the wool in. How is that for being cheeky. It's not something I normally do, I only wanted her advice. I am blessed with great neighbours...... Anyone have an odd spinning wheel laying around?

I've just proved that I don't need one. Might be harder work, but all good practise. I'm still not sure what I am going to knit with it.
An idea will come......................hopefully!



In the meantime we are off to Dorset over the weekend to visit Cat and her beach hut exhibition. It's not often I get the chance to really see a fellow blogger's work up close. Cat has such a talent for costume making her art astounds me. .......................hope she has a kettle in the beach hut.....

You can nip over to RAGGY RAT for all the details.

Hopefully see some of you sometime over the weekend at the Beach Hut Studio, Portland Bill, Dorset.

No comments: