Tuesday 31 March 2009

The birds are back


Very pleased to see the moorhen is back with a friend.
He patrolled the stream bank all Summer last year.


I couldn't not show the "outtake" of the rear end of one of the moorhens.


The bird boxes have new residents, real chirpy little fellows,
especially at five in the morning.
The box is near our bedroom window.
I have been know to put my head out and shout QUIET.


Cute though................ the sparrow, not me putting my head out of the window and shouting at it. Don't worry, they don't take any notice.

3 comments:

Soggibottom said...

No one is interested in the birds are they?
They are all clicking on Sparkybrand and Rebbecaswayround.......
Don't blame you....... CLICK.

Don said...

We have returning birds across the pond, as well. The first red winged blackbird has begun hogging the feeder...a precursor to the purple grackle gang that associates with him.

The bluebirds are active and are claiming nests.

And the robins are back! Sure sign of spring, well, eventual spring. There is snow in the forecast.

Here is a link http://www.ourmothergoose.com/OMG-077-listen.html to a Mother Goose rhyme, complete with drawing, about a robin. Yours truly did the voice.

Thanks for the birdy news, Midge.

Anonymous said...

Haha, I love them! I haven't been able to keep my mind on anything this evening and forgot to comment earlier when I first read your post. Incidentally, this tab has been open for a few hours now.

I'm glad the birds have returned to your yard. I am looking forward to hearing them outside my window and then telling them to shut the hell up. ;)