Saturday 13 December 2008

Forgotten tree

Yep!
It's a Christmas tree.
I know what it is, you know what it is, this poor little tree has been in a box for a whole year in the attic.
We brought it last year to go in the window. Then decided that we wanted our real one back. So went and brought a real one. (in a pot and it is still growing waiting to come inside I must add)

This little tree was relegated to an upstairs window. Never really displayed to it's best.
SAD.....
It's now out in the kitchen window, and it is still not displayed as it should be. THERE SHOULD BE A " be kind to fake Christmas trees" poster on it.

So here it is on the blog...............waiting for everyone else to see. FAME... well as famous as you can get if you happen to be an artificial Christmas tree....... suppose. Thinking of a name........... suggestions?

No naughty ones please as I know kids read this...... Michele

HI KIDS!
( big ones as well as little ones)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is a lovely little tree I would call it Twinkle.

Anonymous said...

Wow... thanks......

Anonymous said...

This poor little tree needs a bit of understanding.
How can you buy it then put it in the attic for months.

Anonymous said...

How pretty! We haven't had a real tree since before my dad passed away 13 years ago. No tree farms around town; if you want a real Christmas tree, you have to go off in the woods and cut it down yourself! I miss it sometimes; the house smelled so good, the scent of the pine needles mixed with woodsmoke. I DON'T miss picking pine needles out of the shag carpet 6 months after the fact, though! Haha. Now that we have hardwood floors, I may consider a real tree again someday... not that there is anything wrong with artifical trees; after all, they aren't messy and they don't drip turpentine onto my good ornaments or the floor or the presents... and, it can be reused every year! Everyone loves to recycle, reduce and reuse. :D

Anonymous said...

Michele, it is a lovely tree! Deserves a name, after a stuffy year in an attic. My idea was Sparkle, but I have to tell you Don's. Do you know the poem by Joyce Kilmer, called Trees? "I think that I shall never see, a poem lovely as a tree." It goes on, and Don thinks you should name the tree Poem. No one will understand, but...I've inserted the link if you care to read the whole poem. It isn't long. http://www.bartleby.com/104/119.html

Anonymous said...

A name for a tree, wot are you lot on? I'll ave a double of wot your all drinking!!!

Soggibottom said...

I know who you are arry oak you little de vaile